Private Lessons the most effective way to learn to play!
Private one-on-one lessons are the most effective and efficient way to learn how to play a musical instrument. Your instructor will work with you individually to:
- help you achieve your goals
- overcome obstacles and challenges
- build a lesson plan that is tailored to your interests and needs
- create a practice schedule that helps you learn faster
Your private music instructor becomes your own personal mentor and personal coach committed to your success.
Lesson available online or in-person at our South East Calgary School.
We offer in-person lessons for students who:
- Prefer in-person learning
- prefer a more personal interaction (while following all COVID-19 protocols)
- Are more productive in an environment away from their home.
We also offer online classes for students who are still looking for individual, personalized classes but are also looking for
- a socially distanced option
- prefer the convenience of working from their own home
- are looking for classes outside our normal teaching hours
Our instructors have found success with both in-person and online classes so the choice is up to you.
A personalized experience with a focused format
Lessons are typically 30 minutes once a week but students can choose longer lessons or more frequent lessons if they feel they need the additional help. Lessons usually have a familiar format of:
- a brief warm-up followed by a review of the work from the previous week
- Introduction of new concepts, ideas, exercises, and repertoire
- Finally, the teacher will assign the work and exercises for the upcoming week
Our goal is to help you achieve your goals and play what you want to play as well as possible. The classes are always focused on helping you in the best way possible.
The teacher who is the right fit for you.
We are fortunate to have teachers who specialize in different styles, ages, programs, and experience levels. This means you should be able to find the right teacher to work with you and help you achieve your goals. Are you working towards a Royal Conservatory exam, University entrance, to play professionally for a career, or are you just looking to play for fun? All of our teachers are fantastic with students new to music but if you are looking for someone with a specific style or experience we have the teacher for you.
Convenient Lesson times
We offer private in-person lessons Monday through Saturday. On weekdays we schedule our in-person lesson times after school/work and with 11 teaching rooms and teachers working at the same time, we have plenty of options for students looking for the right teacher or for families looking to book all their children at the same time.
Students looking to book lessons online have the same options as in-person lessons because our teachers can easily teach while inside our school while you work comfortably from home. Online lessons might also be available in off-hours in the morning or even Sundays when our school is closed. Just contact us and we will see what we can arrange for you.
Fees and Payment Methods
Each teacher has their own rate per class based on a 1/2 hour class once a week but most of our teachers are between $33 and $38 per lesson
Lessons are charged monthly based on the number of lessons per month. Most months will have 4 lessons but occasionally a month may have 3 classes and occasionally a month will have 5 classes. Lessons fees will be adjusted to reflect the number of classes/lessons per month
- 30-minute lesson $34 – $38 per lesson = $132 – $ 152 per month
- 45-minute lesson $49.50 – $57 per lesson = $180 – $228 per month
- 60-minute lesson $66 – $76 per lesson = $264 – $304 per month
Lessons can be paid with post-dated cheques written when a student registers for lessons or by credit card billed automatically on the first of the month.
EMAIL – email@example.com
Phone – 403-271-2066
755 Lake Bonavista Drive Calgary AB